This year keeps rolling along as we delve further into the summer game releases. This week we get more additions to the beloved franchises of Diablo and Amnesia. Greyhill Incident keeps the survival-horror train rolling but this time, there are aliens. We also get a platformer/top-down hybrid indie game and a rare narrative adventure game to round out the list.
Amnesia: The Bunker– PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S
- Taking place during World War 1, you play as Henri Clément, a French soldier trapped in a mysterious bunker. Described as a semi-open world with slight randomization sprinkled in, Frictional Games are striving for replayability. Added to the fourth game in the series is a crafting series as well as this protagonist thought ahead and brought a gun.
Diablo IV– PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S
- Though this game is already out due to the Ultimate Edition’s Early Access on June 1st, June 6th is the official release date for Diablo IV. You play as a wanderer corrupted by Lilith’s blood in search of a way to kill her and the rest of the Prime Evils. Delve into procedurally-generated dungeons in search of better loot to keep your killing going strong. Choose from five different demon-killing classes like the Necromancer or the returning Druid.
Toodee and Topdee– PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S
- A very interesting concept of a game, depending on who you control, will determine the perspective. Toodee has to deal with a 2D platformer while Topdee has to solve top-down puzzles. Use co-op if you’re afraid to go it alone and find the missing semicolon, English teachers will be grateful.
Harmony: The Fall of Reverie– Switch, PC
- Follow the story and choose actions that will affect the worlds. Remember, your choices will have consequences, but don’t worry, you have foresight and can see what they are before the choice is made. Become the goddess you were meant to be and bring balance.
Greyhill Incident– PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PC
- Taking place in the 90’s you play as Ryan Baker trying to avoid being abducted. This survival-horror game will take you…… across the neighborhood of Greyhill while dodging UFOs and aliens. So load your revolver and choke up on that bat, it’s going to be a long night.
What game are you most excited to play? Let us know over on our Twitter and Instagram. While you are here, why not check out our exclusive interview with VTuber Sprixer! You might learn something new.