We are approaching the end of May, and the beginning of the summer release season. This week we get continuations to the Company of Heroes and Street Fighter franchises. There are also a couple of remakes such as System Shock and We Love Katamari. Shame Legacy rounds out the list for all of the horror game lovers. Here are this week’s game releases!
System Shock Remake– PC
- This remake of the 1994 classic game of the same name takes place in Citadel Station. You must fight to survive terrors unleashed by SHODAN, a rogue AI. This faithful remake is brought to us by Nightdive Studios in collaboration with the original developers Looking Glass Studios. Prepare to hack your way to safety and overcome many unexpected obstacles along the way.
Company of Heroes 3– PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S
- In this third installment of the tactical game Company of Heroes, you command the Allies in battles against the Axis. Strategically plan your movements to get the upper hand, while reliving iconic battles. Whether you enjoy single-player campaigns, or multiplayer, there’s something for you in this game.
Shame Legacy– PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S
- This first-person survival game takes place in the late 1800’s. You wake up in a strange village only to find that the inhabitants have gone mad and are hunting you. Use stealth and puzzle-solving tactics to escape with your life, but who knows what else is lurking in the dark?
We Love Katamari Reroll+ Royal Reverie– Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S
- In this second remake in the Katamari franchise, you play as The Prince. The King of the Cosmos has once again destroyed all the stars, and left it up to you to remake them. Roll your Katamari ball around, gathering items to grow the ball bigger and bigger. In the expansion Royal Reverie, you play as a young King taking on various assignments from his father.
Street Fighter 6– PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PC, Xbox Series X/S
- It’s been seven years since the last Street Fighter was released and Capcom took that time to jumpstart a new era. Two new modes, World Tour and Battle Hub, have been introduced and players can expect to find a new depth of gameplay. World Tour has you create an avatar to battle established fighters and level up to find out what strength truly means. In Battle Hub, you can gather and communicate with other players to fight or collect additional accessories.
What game are you most excited for? Let us know over on our Twitter and Instagram. Interested in when you can expect other exciting games? Check out our article on the Final Fantasy XVI Showcase, including the release date announcement!